If you Google “how to get Instagram followers,” you’ll get a ton of articles telling you to use relevant hashtags, have aesthetically-pleasing content, and to follow influencers in your target community. These are all great tips, but they are also fairly commonsensical and vague. Instead, follow this guide and you’ll have a step-by-step list of exactly what to do to gain more Instagram followers. So without further ado, here’s the real way to increase your organic Instagram following:
- Define your niche. What do you do best? What sets you apart?
- Find competitors and people within your specific niche.
- Go to your competition’s profiles and browse through their followers.
- Engage with the competition’s followers by liking and commenting on their content so they notice your account.
- Follow your competitor’s followers, especially if you think they fit into your target audience. Assuming your content is stellar and the aesthetic is targeted at these specific followers, you will likely get follow backs.
- Use the app InstaFollow to see which of these new followers followed you back. After about 3 weeks, if they don’t follow back, use the app to unfollow them.
- Spend 30 minutes each week doing the exact steps listed above, and watch your follower count increase, organically. No cheesy “follow for follow” hashtag, no nonsense…just real followers that are eager to engage with you and your content.
Hopefully these tips work for you, because we are pretty sure they will! The main idea is that there are people out there who will love your page, but the hard part is finding them. By dedicating a specific time to follower-building each week, you will likely see the return on the time investment. Take the time to find your target audience and engage with them; you’ll find they are more than thrilled to follow you back. Ensure that your page is looking the best it possibly can, and go out and find your “people” on Instagram. Let the quality community building begin!