Whether you’re working with an agency or doing your marketing in-house, there are several things that you can do to help your agency partner or marketing team. Marketing can be difficult, but doing these few things can make the process much easier.
- Make sure that your analytics code is in the right place! A common mistake that people make is putting the code into the footer. This is a huge problem because it makes it very difficult to access Search Console, which is an integral piece in the keyword research process.
- Putting the analytics code in the header will make your marketer’s job decidedly easier.
- Identifying your target markets is very important so that the marketers know who they need to be targeting. A couple questions to ask yourself are:
- Who are your clients?
- What do they look like, eat, do for a living, where do they live?
- When, where and how do they look for you?
- What content do they like? How often do they want to hear from you?
- Knowing these things, and providing them to your marketer will aid in efficiency and cut down on wasted effort.
- Nothing you can do will help your marketer more than having good content that they can send potential clients to. Whether you’re doing PPC ads or trying to boost organic traffic through SEO, having good, engaging content will always benefit these efforts. A few things to consider when creating your content:
- Make it Creative
- Make it Shareable
- Make it Linkable
- Make it Engaging
- Once you have created the engaging content, make sure that you share it on social media! This is a great way to drive quality traffic to your website. Here are some additional details to consider for greater social success:
- Custom Hashtags
- Shareable Images
- Shareable Infographics
- Boosted Posts
- Paid Ads (Facebook/Twitter etc)
Brand and Reputation Management
- One of the best ways to market your business is to ensure that nothing is undermining it, and nothing can hurt your marketers efforts more than a tarnished reputation. Staying on top of your reputation will pay enormous dividends in your marketing efforts. Promoting a respected brand is far easier than repairing a damaged reputation. A few easy ways to manage your reputation are to:
- Keep an eye out for fraudulent reviews.
- Watch out for dissatisfied customers taking to the internet or social media and leaving negative reviews.
- Reach out to these customers and see how you can help them resolve the issue.
- In many cases, excellent customer service will prompt the customer to remove the negative review.
Marketing is an ever-evolving landscape, but there are several key staples that will always benefit your marketing strategy. Implementing the aforementioned strategies will make your marketer’s life easier, and will help them to maximize your marketing budget and drive the highest quality traffic to your website.