What can you do to celebrate?
If your company has an app, check on it. Analyze what may be helping or hurting your business via the app. Have you tested your app recently? Is it time to make updates and changes to increase customer interaction? Are there changes that could be made to make it easier for consumers to navigate the app? What design fixes could be made to improve your app’s visual appeal? These are just a few questions to ask yourself or your staff in honor of National App Day this year. Maintaining and testing apps are crucial to ensure quick performance, to eliminate bugs and glitches, and to ensure easy navigation for consumers. If you do not have an app, think about ways creating one could help your business. Would the time, money, and effort that would have to be put into creating the app pay off in the end? For some business models, an app might not be the best option; but for others, the benefits could outweigh the costs by far.
Here are 10 fun facts about apps in honor or National App Day provided by Medium.com:
- Facebook is the most downloaded app of all time.
- Android Play Store has the most apps available to download at over 2.8 million apps.
- Apple’s App Store offers 2.2 million apps to download.
- Android Play Store outperforms Apple’s App Store by the number of app downloads.
- Over 60% of apps in the Apple App Store have never been downloaded.
- In the United States, people typically spend a fifth of their day on communication apps like Snapchat, Facebook, and WhatsApp.
- “App culture” may be the next technological era as TVs and watches even have numerous apps.
- The average person who owns a smartphone unlocks it 80 times per day.
- Among Apple users, iPhone apps are used 24% more than iPads in general.
- A recent study found that people prefer apps to websites.
Apps are important. The internet is important. And neither of these are going anywhere. As a digital marketing agency, the internet, and all facets of it, are what we do. Let us know how we can help you handle this digital world.