Have you climbed on board the video marketing train yet? If you own a small business or are in business for yourself, there’s a lot of recent, compelling evidence to suggest that online video marketing should be the highest priority in your marketing strategy.
They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. Do you think that’s true?
We, at Smarter Searches, agree with this statement with one amendment: We say, “A Great Picture is worth 1,000 words.”
If that’s true, what is a minute of good video worth?
A moving image is powerful. It has the ability to stir our emotions. The film and television business has been well aware of this phenomenon from even the earliest days of Edison’s invention. The right combination of images can tell an extremely compelling story (especially when set to a John Williams score).
Video is everywhere these days and with good reason. Video production is the fastest expanding marketing platform available. In fact, the most recent data supports video as the best Return On Your Investment, under the content marketing umbrella.
If you’re not using some form of video in your marketing, you’re losing customers to those who do. It’s not just the number of people who are watching videos that’s important – it’s the reasons why they watch it. Video marketing increases sales, leads, site traffic and online visibility. Businesses that incorporate video into their overall marketing strategy see higher engagement rates, higher click-through rates and higher conversion rates.
That’s real value that business owners can see reflected in their bottom line. Why would anyone leave all that value sitting on the table?
According to Dr. James McQuivey at Forrester Research, a minute of good video is worth 1.8 million words! If you look at it that way, online video marketing is the single most practical use for your marketing time and energy.
However it is important to note, this statement is completely based on the idea that a picture is worth literally one thousand words. Here’s the formula:
There are 60 seconds in a minute and in video, there are 30 standard frames per second. 1 second = 1 picture in video media, 30 frames per second x 60 = 1,800 pictures x 1000 words = 1.8 million words
This brings me back to the beginning. How many words do you think a minute of good video is worth?
We don’t know exactly how much, but we know that it’s a lot.
And here is a list of 25 amazing video marketing stats:
- Videos Increase People’s Understanding Of Your Product Or Service by 74%
- YouTube Is The Number Two Search Engine In The World
- A Third Of All Online Activity Is Spent Watching Video
- The Average Internet User Is Exposed To An Average Of 32.2 Videos In A Month
- Every Day 100 Million Internet Users Watch An Online Video
- 50% Of Users Watch Business Related Videos On YouTube Once A Week
- 75% Of Users Visit The Marketer’s Website After Viewing A Video
- 75% Of Executives Watch Work-Related Videos On Business Websites At Least Once A Week
- An Average User Spends 16 Minutes 49 Seconds Watching Online Video Ads Every Month
- 80% Of Internet Users Remember The Video Ads They Watch Online
- 26% Of Internet Users Look For More Information After Viewing A Video Ad
- 22% Of Internet Users Visit The Website Named In A Video Ad They Viewed
- After Visiting A Video Ad, 12% Of Viewers Purchase The Specific Product Featured In The Ad
- Website Visitors Are 64% More Likely To Buy A Product On An Online Retail Site After Watching A Video
- Real Estate Listings With Videos Receive 403% More Inquiries Than Those Without Videos
- Click-Through Rates Increase 2-3 Times When Marketers Include A Video In An Email
- Subscriber To Lead Conversation Rates Increase 51% When Video Is Included In Email Marketing Campaign
- 80% Of Your Online Visitors Will Watch A Video, While Only 20 Percent Will Actually Read Content In Its Entirety
- Your Website Is 50 Times More Likely To Appear On The First Page Of A Search Engine Results Page If It Includes Video
- In 30 Days More Video Content Is Uploaded in 30 days Than All Three Major U.S. T.V. Networks Combined Have Created In 30 Years
- 90% Of User Say That Seeing A Video About A Product Is Helpful In The Decision Process
- 45.5% Of Internet Users View At Least One Video Online Over The Course Of A Month
- 45% Of Viewers Will Stop Watching A Video After 1 Minute & 60% By 2 Minutes
- 72 Hours Of Video Are Uploaded To YouTube Every Minute
- An Introductory Company Email That Includes A Video Receives An Increase Click-Through Rate By 96%