- Share blog posts. If your business has a blog, you’ll want to make sure you share your posts on social. This is a great way to bring more traffic to your website! This is a great idea whether you’re in a rut or not.
- Post quotes and graphics. These are always fun. If it makes sense to post quotes on your profiles, do it! They are a “share magnet.” This can also give your brand and posts a bit of originality, not to mention you get to unleash your creative side, a bit.
- Highlight your stellar reviews. Spread some positivity on your page and boost credibility by sharing your positive testimonials and reviews from customers.
- Post behind-the-scenes photos of your company. People love seeing the faces behind businesses. In our experience, photos of the team or individual team members perform very well in terms of engagement. Tell your story! Believe it or not, people want to hear it.
- Educate your audience. You want your page to be a source of relevant information for your clients. Posting helpful tips and articles will help you position your brand as a thought leader in the industry.
- Share a video. People. Love. Videos. If you have the resources and the ability to create them, you’ll reap the engagement benefits.
- Curate content from other sources. Let’s face it: trying to create original content 24/7 is exhausting. Don’t be afraid to share content from other sources (but make sure to give them credit by linking to their website).
- Host a giveaway. Sometimes, you really need to prove to your audience that there is a benefit to following your brand. Whether it’s a free t-shirt, a box of donuts, or an Amazon gift card, a simple giveaway is a great way to boost engagement on your page and show your followers you care about them.
- Post for a holiday. Holiday posts are a fun way to show your audience you care about wishing them a great day. Also in this category: “National _________ Days”! More on that later.
- Make your followers laugh! Just because you’re a business owner doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun on social media. In fact, that’s what it’s for — to get social with your customers! Don’t be afraid to post a funny meme, a photo of a cute dog, or even a fun recipe video from Buzzfeed. As long as it’s relevant to your business and your audience likes it…go for it!
You know that social media is about more than just promoting your product. It’s really for building a relationship with your audience — and they aren’t interested in what you’re selling 100% of the time. In fact, a good rule of thumb is 80% of your posts should be useful to your audience and 20% should promote your products. But here’s the thing…that 80% of posts are often the hardest to write, so we hope these ideas have given you a little boost of excitement about posting for your brand!
What types of social media content do your followers love? Write a comment and tell us!