The reasons to take part in social media are simple.
- It’s where your customers are.
- It’s where your competitors are on a level playing field.
- It’s shareable and viral.
- It’s real time, searchable, and measurable.
However, not everyone takes the right actions to ensure their social media strategy pays off. Too often businesses focus only on the relationship or community management side of social media and forget that it can be a great tool for business development. Here are some of my top tips on using social media to your best advantage. Over the next few days, I’ll be going over individual social media platforms, providing specific tips and best practices for each.
- Get organized and create a social media plan and calendar.
- Get the right person to work on your social media – whether that’s an employee or an agency. You need an ambassador to speak for your brand, so choose wisely.
- Interact! Be consistent, unique, and valuable.
- Don’t be redundant, inconsistent, or dishonest.
- Choose the right platforms that work with your converting your sales channels.
All of these will apply to each of the social media platforms and will serve you well as you create a strategy that works with your online efforts. Tomorrow’s post will be looking exclusively at Facebook.