You’re obsessed with getting more followers on Instagram because you know your content is great, and it’ll help refer traffic to your website. You’ve experimented with hashtags, more hashtags, and increasing your posting frequency, yet you still only see minimum growth on the platform. Maybe you’ve even read tons of blogs claiming to show you how to increase your following, but you find them all to be redundant and vague.
As the Social Media Analyst for Smarter Searches, I’ve been there too. A huge part of my job is to grow our company’s social following and gain more recognition for our company. So, needless to say, I’ve read countless articles on this very topic and the majority of them say the same things:
use lots of targeted hashtags!
engage with others!
post great pictures!
Cool, awesome, fantastic. Those are all great tips, but they’re also pretty obvious. Plus, the average Instagram user probably already does everything on that list, so there’s not much value there. Since we at Smarter Searches are all about providing value, I choose to dig a bit deeper to find better, smarter ways of creating social media growth.
Over the past few months, I’ve been playing with different ways to grow our audience in an organic way. And instead of pure quantity, I was looking to gain quality followers that are genuinely interested in digital marketing, social media growth, blogging, design, and all the other services we offer at Smarter Searches. After all, what does it matter if you have 10,000 followers if they are random and disconnected from what your brand is all about? Quality over quantity, right?
Plot twist: Wrong.
You can actually have both.
What if I told you there was a smarter way to reach your target audience using only one free tool. What if I told you I’ve spent the past few weeks tinkering with this very tool on three totally different social media accounts and had the same result everytime: targeted, engaged followers. It exists, trust me. And no, I’m not sponsored by the app. And no, nothing is in it for me. Well, besides the hoards of quality followers our company is gaining every day.
The miraculous, unicorn app I’m talking about is Crowdfire. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Maybe not. Download it, it’s totally free and completely awesome. We love it. So please: bookmark it, download the mobile app, make it your home page, buy shares in the company, go crazy.
So, how does this Crowdfire thing work?
Well, I’m here to tell you.
There are a few features on the sidebar, but the feature you’ll want to focus your energy on is the copy followers button.
You likely have competitors, right? People in your niche that offer similar services or sell similar products. Or maybe you’re a blogger, but you know other bloggers who focus on similar topics and have a close aesthetic to yours. Go and find a handful of accounts that are similar to you, and type their username into the copy followers section. Once the app populates the desired user account, click the blue button on the right to gain access to a list of their most engaged followers. From there, you just have to click the add button to copy the follower list.
Why does this work?
Those followers are already interested in your niche; that’s why they are following your competitors. Because of that, there is a very high chance that they will follow you back and engage with your posts. In my personal experience, I’ve found that about 40% of these users will follow you back, while the other 60% do not. Go ahead and unfollow those accounts that do not follow you back after a couple days (give them a chance to follow back first, though).
There are limits on the free version: you can only follow up to 100 followers per hour (if you want unlimited follows you will have to purchase the upgraded version). So 40% of 100 is 40 targeted followers per hour…for free. That’s not bad, if you ask me. Let’s say you do this copy-follower process 3 times a day — that’s a potential for 110 targeted followers per day! The best part is, the entire process takes less than a minute to do once you’ve pinpointed the accounts whose followers you want to target.
That’s it. How easy is that?
I’ve done this process on different accounts, all of which have different themes and focus on completely different products, and it works every time. Share this post with small business owners, entrepreneurs, your friends, and anyone that is genuinely trying to grow a meaningful following on Instagram. In the midst of all the social media tools out there, it’s easy for the gems to get lost in the shuffle, so share this blog with someone who could benefit from reaching their target audience on Instagram.
Follow us @smartersearches (on Instagram) to watch as we grow our own following. We’re currently at 740 followers, but the sky’s the limit!